To get to the frisbee tournament (Bar de Pexi)I was to be picked up from the airport. I arrived early and was trying to juggle my hot chocolate, all my bags (not an easy feat) and find a seat. By chance I sat next to some other frisbee players.I was stunned with how friendly everybody was and only more excited about the tournament. Our driver made a wrong turn so we took the scenic route to the tournament. It was fine it just ment we gt to tease him throughout the weekend. We went over the longest bridge that I have ever been on and the scenary was quite pretty too. This is where I met Yann and Mike, in other words trouble.:) Patrick (the organiser) kindly lent me a tent and also help me set it up as I a little devoid of brain power. The weather was looking a little over cast but actually turned out quite good for the weekend. Games started at four. The each where games where held was a short bus ride from camp, but it was not a problem as shuttles where free and regular. The beach was gorgeous and the water cold!! The teams were picked and we decided on the name NFC (No Fuckin clue).In my team we had Jana, Luise, stoffel, Cos Cos, Momment, Di, Daniel, Gunta, Puto, Jose and I. Puto was the captain and loved long speeches and made up and sang a great team song for us at the endof each game. It had me in stiches every time. After the first few minutes of the first game I was stunned and terrified at the standard of play. I was definately not up to stndard but everybody was vry supportive so it didn´t matter. I am excited to say that I made my first layout. I was running flat out towards the end zone with the disc coming my way. I made a running dive and caught the disc centimeters from the ground. I was shocked and very winded but it didn´t mattter I made the point. After each game each team had there own way of celebrating, which was always fun and a showed a great spirit.In the end I think we came abuot 6th in the tournament.Every night there was a party and I met more and more great people. The first and last night involved dinner and dancing at the bar. The other two nights were more chilled back at camp and with singing around Freak the man with the guitar. Of course the soccer was always on and had a big crowd. It would be unlike me not to mention food so the most interesting thing I a ate was a shellfish that is black and grows on rocks in wavy areas. I dont know what it is called but very tasty. I met so many fantastic people, too many to mention, but I do hope to see them all there again next year.On Monday I returned o Lisbon, I didn´t realise how tired I was until I fell asleep in the bank. I was so embarassed I ran out. After a nap I met up with the other frisbee players I went to a bar to hear a friend of a friends band. They where fantastic. Despite the fact that I was so tired I had to dance, particurlarly to the la la song :). I was really quite sad to say good bye to everyone, butI was determined to makeit to Braga and villa de Gere´s which is where am today. By the ay the bet every mango moouse stuff I have ever had is it Gusto superior, thanks for the tip Atlanta.
Previous Posts
- Atlanta and I spent 3 days in the Penha de Senaude...
- My last two days in Seville turned out to be fanta...
- In travelling with Greg I became a little lazy as ...
- Last I wrote we were catching the night bus to Mar...
- Morrocan keyboards are a little difficult soi plea...
- I arrived in Madrid late and just spent one day wa...
- Short tour of GermayI arrived in Frankfurt on Frid...
- After a restless flight I arrived in Hong Kong and...
- I have driven my way south and I am proud to say t...
- Well the count down is quickly winding down. I am...

7 Comments:
At 11:43 PM,
Anonymous said…
On you Loo Loo that's my girl. Didn't get the bit at the end about the mango moose? Is that code for something you do not want your mother to hear? Drop me an email and let me know where you are headed. Love you lots. Take care and not too much partying its not good for you Love ya lots
Marmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy
At 11:43 PM,
Anonymous said…
On you Loo Loo that's my girl. Didn't get the bit at the end about the mango moose? Is that code for something you do not want your mother to hear? Drop me an email and let me know where you are headed. Love you lots. Take care and not too much partying its not good for you Love ya lots
Marmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy
At 11:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
oops I pressed it twice. Damn!
At 5:12 PM,
Anonymous said…
you are my hero!
At 11:54 AM,
Anonymous said…
hey lara - sounds fantastic and like Laras version of heaven - hot portuguese men (with shirts off I hope!) and frisbee! yeahhh baby! i am so jealous (not about the frisbee bit - I would be happy to watch).....hope you had fun in London with bec xxx
wendy
At 9:57 AM,
Anonymous said…
Lars - frisbee tournament? I know your niece can read this (sort of), but that has got to be the most censored version of events ever... Dish, girly.
Saw a couple of Cass' photos from London - looks like you gals had a great time. I'm not jealous, I'm not, I'm not!
Hugs and all
At 8:55 PM,
Anonymous said…
Lara,
I'm with Emily this has got to have some dirt in it to ensure l keep blogging. Now you twerp don't take me literally and tell me about the dirt or soil content, l want info on boys at tournament, who is freak with guitar, short list to players that you are Caaaaatching up with soon. look if all else fails email and let me know juicier version promise not to tell Leah
Post a Comment
<< Home