Lara's solo expedition

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

In travelling with Greg I became a little lazy as he spoke much more of the language and was happy to sort things out. I think that this lulled me into a false sense of security. On my bus ride from Almeria to Granada I had a 20min stop over in Granada. Great I will get some cash and then some food. Bad idea!!!! The atm disfunctioned and swallowed my debit card. I panicied, ran to information, try to explain she gave me a number I called, a spanish lady gave me another number that is all I understood. My mind was racing do i get my bag off the bus and stay in Granada to sort it out or go to Seville and sort it later. By the time I went through all this and ran for the bus it was too late the bus had left with my baggage. After 36hrs of stressing, emailing, calling I got to Seville found my baggage and will receive an emergency credit card in a few days. Though Can you believe that it takes 6weeks to generated a PIN number for a full replacement. Crazy!!! But in the meantime I got lost, could not find a hostal (despite booking ahead), could not get transport as a Milletary festival was on, my glasses broke, my credit card was also swallowed by the atm and I stubbed my toe. But things are back on track now and my run of bad luck is over. Once I have my new card I will head to Lagos in Portugal to chill out by the beach for a while. I look foward to telling you some happier stories soon.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh no!!!! poor lara!!!

    i'm so glad you're ok now... hope that Portugal cheers you up- FRISBEEEEEEEEEE!!!

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PS i really like exclamation marks

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lara my god what a good run you had. I can just imagine you standing there trying to make a decision meanwhile the bags ride off into the sunset.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lara,

    don't want to bring you down but I remember beach holidays in Portugal for the sun, sea and ... pick pockets!!!!!! Enjoy!

    By the way did you know that I get blamed for everything now? Guess by who?

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Perryman,

    Having a shocker I see. Well not to worry, Seville is a fabulous town. The Cathedral is awesome, the Alcazar is even better and the tapas is to die for. Don't try to eat before 10pm as that's when they bring out the good stuff.

    Just think, surely you got all the bad luck out of the way in one hit, the gods coulnd't be that cruel......

    Cass

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Deary me, you have seemed to have your run of bad luck! Things will get better in Lagos though - awesome place - hope you've got lots of room in your pack, the ceramics there are gorgeous! And find yourself a port club - great way to meet locals! And one last tip for Seville - no matter how much LP talk up the Expo site - don't bother! And look after yourself!! And anxious to hear about that other reason you're heading to Portugal ...

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's my girl!! By the way what is the reason for you going to Portugal? Have I missed something?
    Again!
    Love you to bits
    Ya Marmummmmmmmmy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home