
Atlanta and I spent 3 days in the Penha de Senaude (I think that is how it is spelt). It was obviously the low season as we felt like the only people there. THe town itself was a little isolated in that we could not get any transport other than a taxi. The hostel was nice and clean but the food was horrid. Luckily there were cafes near by. The surrounding terrain was stunning. We went on hikes and picins each day, not really anything eles we could do. :) I ended up with some massive blisters. One day we were accompained by these two dogs that looked like wolves but they were very sweet. As we walked through the wild flowers (hoping that we would not get too lost) every now and again you would hear tingle that would get louder and louder. Soon after you would see a heard of goats walking thought the flowers and scaling the rocks along a near by hill followed by a dog that lived with the goats and usually a herds man too.
Atlanta and I went our seperate ways at Covilha. Atlanta north and me to Lisbon. Lisbon is a great town. The first night hear there was a festival. A huge march was going on in the main street. People of all ages were everywhere eating and drinking. It went to all hours. I met a group of people (girl from china, a guy form india and another girl from Brazil quite a mix), at the hostel and had a fantastic time. The following day I went to Belem. Most importantly I went to the Pastilla of Belem and had the best Pastilla de nata (custard tart) ever. Actually, not one but multiple. WOW!!! Belem was pretty too with lovely parks, monastery and museums. Since being in Lisbon I have also tried the Sardines, which are very tasty.
I am very excited as I the frisbee tournament starts on Thursday. YEAH!!! Today I am going to go to Sintra, which is also meant to be quite pretty. Oh, Atlanta will be very glad to hear (as I complained quite alot) that I have finally replaced my broken thongs (flip flops for the none aussies). :) I will probabaly be in Braga next time I write.

1 Comments:
At 5:35 PM,
Anonymous said…
tasty sardibnes ehy? yum yUm.
brett
Post a Comment
<< Home