
After a restless flight I arrived in Hong Kong and found myself a nice private and little (I can touch all the walls when lying down) room. It is quite warm here but airconditioning is pumping in every buliding so most of the time its a little chilly. I have walked all over the city and it is certainly an onslaught on the senses. So many different smells (not all good ;), noise from the constant hussel and bussel of sooooooo many people. The streets are covered in billboards and posters advertising everything imaginable. I going to claim that due to this onslaught it is difficult to maintain a sense of direction. It may also be due to the fact that I have not once come out of the same exit when getting off at Mong Kok train station (near where I am staying). I made a trip out of town and into the national parks to see the Big Buddha, the wisdom path and Po Lin Monastery. I had a fantastic day as I got to walk around the national park which was soo pretty. Also, saw a troope of monks dance, do acrobatics and fighting moves. The food here is very good. Resturants are literally everywhere. I had some more Bo Bo Cha Cha, but no as good as Alans. Most people understand english and everything is written in chinese and English so it is very easy to get around.
Today I walked around the zoological and botanical gardens on the way to the get a tram ride to the Peak, which was meant to have a fantastic view. Pitty about the fog.
Though did another beautiful walk around the peak, which was quite errie witht eh fog and not being able to see very far infront of me in places. On my wanders I saw some school kids playing netball. They were very cute.
I caught a ferry across the habour while the nightly light show was on. I couldn't geta decent photo so you will all just have to believe me on that one.:)
I am going ot Germany tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

1 Comments:
At 11:46 AM,
Anonymous said…
I have to say I'm feeling a little sorry for Dave at this point in time, seeing as his only crime seems to have been pointing out this was public... an observation that's worried a certain gentleman of my (and your) acquaintance, Lars...
Hong Kong sounds good, very jealous, and you should email Greg sometime soon and tell him he's lazy.
Hugs
Post a Comment
<< Home