Lara's solo expedition

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Short tour of Germay

I arrived in Frankfurt on Friday night and the next day made my way to along the Rhine Valley by train and ferry. Well 2 trains as I got off at the wrong stop, oops. Met a very creepy guy who followed me on to the second train as he leer at me and told me how beautiful I was. Note to me for future dont encourage creepy drunks. Anyhoo, Rhine Valley was gorgeous. Very green with very cute little villages lining the river. With vineyards and castles everywhere. I stayed in St Goar. The Rheinfels castle (of St Goar)was one of the oldest and largest around. I had so much fun creeping through all the tunnels and passageways. It also had a rich history of knights and monks. I love that stuff!!!
I also did a hike to Lorley, which is where a princess supposed throw herself off a cliff because of a cheating bastard, then became a siren. Now that is enternal revenge on male kind. :)
German food is very much meat, potatoes and cabbage. Not many greens about.
Heading to Spain next.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lara,

    Gutentag from Syderney. Perhaps Pam managed to get in contact but may be not. So.... that bloody angiogenesis paper (not intentional) was accepted for publication by BBRC, without comment after just three days!

    This has never happened to me before!

    I hate you, Paul J.

    PS luv the bglo!!!!!!

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lava!

    Only 2 weeks since you left and already you are chasing creepy guys! Weren't there enough creepy guys in Oz???

    Miss you lots! Sounds like you're having the best time.

    Alex

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lara,
    Your second trip to Europe and your still picking up strange guys. Good to see your having a fab time. I have been to St Goar myself and I remember how hard it was for the Vegetarians in my group to get some decent food. I also remember seeing the siren on my Rhine cruise.Enjoy!
    Mila

     

Post a Comment

<< Home