Lara's solo expedition

Saturday, May 13, 2006

I arrived in Madrid late and just spent one day walking and eating. I like the food. I caught a train to Granada to meet Gregelles (sydney mate). I again arrived late got very lost trying to find the guest house but did not feel stressed as I feel very safe in Spain. I met Greg at the guest house. I was so excited and had so many questions to ask I could not speak. Hard to believe I know :). By the time I got to bed it was dark and there were people already asleep so I jumped intot he only bed that appearred unoccupied. I woke a couple of hours later as this guy was climbing into bed. Oops, I got in the wroung one there was another room. I got up early to go to the Alhambra, which contained a stunning Palace, garden and fortress in a Moorish style. It was so intricatly decorated in a style that I had not seen before. So different to the German castles.
Greg and I decided to head to the southern beaches for some r and r. But when we got there the weather was crap. So we decided to head to Morocco. After a very long ferry, scary boarder stop and another long bus ride we are now in Fes afterabout 24hrs on transport. It is definately not as romantic as the guide booked described but will check out the city more tomorrow. So glad that I came with Greg as he is better with French and I do not think that I would feel safe by myself. But so far the food is very good. We are going to get a tour around the Medina tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great to see this continually updated Lars. I log in every cuppla days and always impressed that there's a new entry! Keep it up. I remember being very impressed with the intricacies of the Alhambra too - will you get to Barcelona? That was my favourite Spanish city. Enjoy Morrocco-your first taste of Africa!

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that food is the first and last thing in every entry that Lara comments on! I feel like we are going on the culinary adventure with you!
    Hope you are well and have a great time with Greg. Give him a hug for all of us back here.
    Love Anna

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Loo Loo I have had a big big visual of you in the wrong bed. Didn't your mother ever tell you to check first whose bed it was and if you ever get into that situation to at least get the guys name blood type etc. Ha! Ha! I laughed heartedly as this was a very good visual of you[ shades of the Carry On Movies] Gald to hear you have caught up with Gregelles and that he is with you in Morocco. Thank you so much for the lovely SMS mother's day and for the update.We are all following your trek and love to hear the next episode. This blog is fantastic and I endorse Mel Hynd's comments about your deeping it up to date as we are all constantly checkiing you out on it.

    Take care my lovely. I will email you soon with some pics of L&T. Love you lots YA MARMMMMMMMMMUMMY

     

Post a Comment

<< Home