I arrived in Barcelona it was poring rain. SHIT!!!! What about the tournament. I walked in the rain for about an hour. My backpack was sopping wet and at least another 10kg heavy. But eventually I found a home and the weather cleared up. I wondered the gorgeous streets and energy of Barcelona.
Then off to the Oporro tournament. On arrival I saw signs saying "please do not remove your clothes" and realised I must have been in the right place. :)
I settled into the hotel and was immediately made welcome. Went out to the wee hours and a great time was had by all. The next day the competition was to begin and I would again realise I was serverly out of my depth. I was very excited when I heard Cat Empire being played as a warning that games were beginning in 5min. It was a great experience and my team was lovely, despite Anatol dragging me into the sea. Though I have to admit the the water was beautiful. That night we had a rubics cube party, whcih involes you turning up in clothes and accessories of all the colours of the cube and leaving in just one colour. This meant that there was alot of clothes swapping going on and the locals were more than a little shocked. I have to say great for minglying. The following day were more games and amazing final, which my team was not in but was great to watch. I also got my introduction to Stubby guts, which is effectively skulling competitions and frisbee combined.
That night Daniel, Annatol and I found an abode and were to meet the others out. Sadly, not many turned up, but we did have a very short story competition.
The following days we walked (actually stumbled as we were all very sore)around the sites of Barcelona. Then I was on my own again to check out monerset monastery, which was beautiful, expensive and the weather was terrible. But I met some lovely locals and had a good time.
Then off to the Oporro tournament. On arrival I saw signs saying "please do not remove your clothes" and realised I must have been in the right place. :)
I settled into the hotel and was immediately made welcome. Went out to the wee hours and a great time was had by all. The next day the competition was to begin and I would again realise I was serverly out of my depth. I was very excited when I heard Cat Empire being played as a warning that games were beginning in 5min. It was a great experience and my team was lovely, despite Anatol dragging me into the sea. Though I have to admit the the water was beautiful. That night we had a rubics cube party, whcih involes you turning up in clothes and accessories of all the colours of the cube and leaving in just one colour. This meant that there was alot of clothes swapping going on and the locals were more than a little shocked. I have to say great for minglying. The following day were more games and amazing final, which my team was not in but was great to watch. I also got my introduction to Stubby guts, which is effectively skulling competitions and frisbee combined.
That night Daniel, Annatol and I found an abode and were to meet the others out. Sadly, not many turned up, but we did have a very short story competition.
The following days we walked (actually stumbled as we were all very sore)around the sites of Barcelona. Then I was on my own again to check out monerset monastery, which was beautiful, expensive and the weather was terrible. But I met some lovely locals and had a good time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home