I thought OK I will get the over night train so I can get so well earned sleep (as the Sarajevo hostel was party central) and turn up refreshed to check out Belgrade. The trip was to take 10hrs, no worries. However, the train left an hour and a half late which meant that we (Marissa, Fran and Carline) missed our connection to Belgrade. Therefore, we ended up going through Croatia on a 16hr journey where we woken every 30min for passport control or to change trains again or left waiting in a station. Thanks to the girls it turned out to be quite a funny trip, which I enjoyed despite being exhausted on arrival. We were working zombies trying to find a hostel. Luckily the lovely Serbian local Sasha tooks us under his wing and delivered us to a lovely hostel. Belgrade was a nice enough city, but I didnt take advantage of it as I was just exhausted and dying to get out of cities. SO of course I headed to Budapest after just a few days. The buildings of Budapest are stunning, paricularly at night. Also the photo exhibition of children is war at the Castle is shocking and left me with a sad and hopeless feeling that people can be so cruel to the innocent.
I tried out the Hungarrian baths. Which consisted of outdoor and indoor heated pools with jets that were prodominently filled with elderly people. I also got myself a massage, which was devine for a back that has sore from lugging around my backpack. It was lovely morning until yet another dodgy old man made moves on me. This being the 4th old man that had made a move on me since my 29th birthday I have started to get abit of a complex about suddenly being old enough for these men to think that it is OK to give it crack. Not happy Jan!!!!! But I am told that I am not old until I think these old men are acceptable. I like this theory. :)
I tried out the Hungarrian baths. Which consisted of outdoor and indoor heated pools with jets that were prodominently filled with elderly people. I also got myself a massage, which was devine for a back that has sore from lugging around my backpack. It was lovely morning until yet another dodgy old man made moves on me. This being the 4th old man that had made a move on me since my 29th birthday I have started to get abit of a complex about suddenly being old enough for these men to think that it is OK to give it crack. Not happy Jan!!!!! But I am told that I am not old until I think these old men are acceptable. I like this theory. :)

3 Comments:
At 3:38 PM,
Anonymous said…
So yr alive then!
What a bugger yr not still in Africa. I'm coming over (briefly) for a visit (for work).
I'm going to be in Nairobi for 3 days. Cool!
Did you go there? Any good stuff to tell me about it?
At 1:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
poor old dodgy buggers... hmm starting to sound like me! Now thats Scary! 8)
At 10:03 PM,
Anonymous said…
I just had my 29th birthday - BRING ON THE OLD MEN!!!!
... hmmmmm .....
Hope you are well and glad you got out of the scary situation with the old guy (above)
Emma xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home